William Henry Chatten
- Born: Abt 1823, Aldeburgh, Suffolk
- Christened: 16 Mar 1823, Stepney, St Dunstans, London
- Marriage (1): Mary Ann Goodwin on 26 Apr 1849 in Woodbridge St Mary, Suffok
- Died: 11 Feb 1887, Woodbridge, Suffolk aged about 64
think this is him on the 1861 census which makes his date of birth abt 1821
1861 census rg9 4458 folio 1
Vessel description - looks like "Bibby Buoy" ??
Position of vessel at midnight on 7th April 1861
"At sea sailing on the Yorkshire Coast"
William Henry CHATT?N Married 40 Master born Woodbridge
John RITCHEDSON unmarried 24 Mate " "
Samuell SH?LL Married 34 Seaman " "
Samuel Spall ?
?eams EM??Y Boye 17/19? Boye "
(Think this might be meant to be James? Emery or Emeny
1881 census Quay Side , Ship Inn, Woodbridge
William H Chatten age 58 Aldeburgh, Suffolk Head Woodbridge, Suffolk, occ licensed victualler
Mary Chatten age 57 Aldeburgh, Suffolk wife Woodbridge, Suffolk
Annie Chatten age 24 Woodbridge, Suffolk daughter Woodbridge, Suffolk, unmarried
Mary Chatten age 20 Woodbridge, Suffolk daughter Woodbridge, Suffolk, unmarried
George Gilbert age 60 Shottisham, Suffolk lodger Woodbridge, Suffolk
George Sheppeard age 27 Ipswich, Suffolk lodger Woodbridge, Suffolk
1881 census rg11 1883 53 25
1. Occupation: Mariner on Rosa's baptism ,Licenced Victualler in 1881 census.
2. Listed on 1881 census: Listed on 1881 census.
William married Mary Ann Goodwin on 26 Apr 1849 in Woodbridge St Mary, Suffok. (Mary Ann Goodwin was born about 1824 in Aldeburgh, Suffolk.)